Outlook also allows you to send emails at a later date. To do this, you can select the Schedule send function in the drop-down menu next to the Send button when writing an email. When you select the function, a new window opens in which you can specify the later sending time.
With the iOSXpert plugin ProductivityTools you can create templates for emails in Daylite. As a new feature, you can now also activate HTML templates, create email chains and use the Schedule Send function directly from Daylite.
This article describes how you can send emails at a later defined time using a template from our ProductivityTools plugin.
To write to a contact with an e-mail template from the ProdctivityTools at a later date, please proceed as follows:
- First follow steps 1-3 from the HelpCenter article: How do I use a ProductivityTools email template?
- Once the email template dialog box opens, you will see fields below that relate to Outlook.
- Here you have the option of assigning Outlook categories, which you can later use to filter within Outlook.
- Check the Send e-mail on box and select the desired time.
- The Discard on reply function is not technically possible with Outlook.
- Select Open as draft and press Send.
- A new draft is created in Outlook.
- You can open the draft and edit it in Outlook.
- In the e-mail you can see when the e-mail is sent. You will also find the Cancel sending button there. You can use this button to stop the scheduled sending.
- In Daylite, a note is automatically created for the recipient. This shows the planned sending date of the email and allows you to jump directly to the email in Outlook.
- The e-mail will then be sent automatically at the set time.