To associate Daylite and the Marketing&Chat plugin with Mailchimp, a Mailchimp API key needs to be created and entered in the Marketing&Chat preferences. Once that's done, the desired Mailchimp mailing audience(s) can be linked to the corresponding Daylite group(s).
The following video shows how to do this:
EmailMarketing has been renamed to Marketing&Chat and Mailchimp has changed the naming from Lists to Audience. In the following video the old names are still used.
Configuring the Mailchimp Integration
To be able to synchronize Daylite and Mailchimp, a so-called API key of Mailchimp has to be created once in Daylite. Proceed as follows to do this:
- Log on to your Mailchimp account in your browser
- Click on your account name in the upper right corner and select the item Account
- In the account overview, click on Extras -> API keys
- With the button Create A Key you can create an API Key
- Select this API key and copy it to the clipboard.
- Switch to Daylite and open the Plugin Preferences via the menu Plugins -> Marketing&Chat -> Preferences...
- Navigate to the Mailchimp area and activate integration.
- Now choose Log on and copy the API key into the field
- Confirm with Connect
Manage Mailchimp lists in Daylite
To import an audience from Mailchimp into Daylite, a group has to be created via the plugin setting.
Proceed as follows:
- In Daylite, click on Plugins -> Marketing&Chat -> Preferences... in the menu.
- Navigate to Lists
- Select the desired list and click the Create Group in Daylite button
- Now a group (with subgroups) has been created in Daylite. This group allows you to assign people for synchronization and perform synchronization. How to do this is described in the following article.
A group (with subgroups) has now been created in Daylite. You can use this group to assign persons for the adjustment and perform synchronization. The following article describes how to do this.
To delete an audience from Daylite, please proceed as follows:
- In Daylite click in the menu on Plugins -> Marketing&Chat -> Settings...
- Select the integration Mailchimp
- Navigate to Lists
- Select the desired audience, change to the settings and click on the Delete Group in Daylite button
- The Delete option removes all links between your Mailchimp audience and the Daylite group, as well as the group itself.
- The option Delete audience link unlinks the Daylite group to the Mailchimp web service, but the group remains contained.
Synchronize Daylite with Mailchimp
- Switch to the Daylite area Groups and select the corresponding group.
- Switch to the tab Mailchimp
- Click the Synchronize list button
- The synchronization is performed. The assigned persons are transferred to Mailchimp as well as new subscribers from Mailchimp are created as persons in Daylite.