In order to use Mailchimp in conjunction with Daylite, first of all you need to connect your Mailchimp account with your Daylite system. This is done using the Marketing&Chat app and is explained in this tutorial.
Please note that the predefined merge tags (Email, First Name, Last Name) must not be changed.
To synchronize Mailchimp audiences with Daylite, follow the steps in this video:
EmailMarketing has been renamed to Marketing&Chat. Mailchimp has replaced the name Lists with Audiences. The following video is referring to the old names.
After you have created a Mailchimp group using the plugin settings, you can assign people to a group in Daylite. These are then transferred to Mailchimp as subscribers during synchronization.
Proceed as follows:
- Filter the people you want to transfer to Mailchimp and select them all. Alternatively, you can also select people manually.
- Once you have selected the desired people, click on Edit in the menu bar and then click on link to.....
- Search the desired Daylite group and select it.
Hint: You can do a search for "MailChimp", the desired group should be listed.
These people are now linked to the group and can be synchronized with Mailchimp.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the Groups section in Daylite and select the appropriate group (the already connected contacts are listed there)
- Switch to the Mailchimp tab
- Click on Synchronize List
Synchronization will now run. In doing so, the assigned persons are transferred to Mailchimp and new subscribers from Mailchimp are created as a person in Daylite. You will find details on this in the following article.
What is Marketing&Chat?
🎬 How do I configure the Mailchimp Integration with Daylite?
🎬 How do I acquire the Mailchimp API key?
🎬 How do I import new subscribers to Daylite from my Mailchimp newsletter?