Besides the regular Daylite app you can download on our website, Daylite is now also available in the Mac App Store. Due to Apple's strict rules for apps in its App Store, the App Store version of the Daylite app comes with the following limitations:
- iOSXpert extensions for Daylite and also plugins from other manufactures cannot be used
- The Daylite Mail Assistant (DMA) plugin for Apple Mail under macOS 12 Monterey and macOS 13 Ventura is not available. Please note that the DMA extension under macOS 13 Ventura and macOS 14 Sonoma can be used in conjunction with the App Store version of Daylite.
If you are unsure which Daylite version is currently installed on your Mac, you can check the version as follows:
- Start the Daylite app
- Click File in the menu bar and select About Daylite
- The following window shows you the version number and the source of the app. If it shows (Direct), you are using the regular Daylite app available on you website without any limitations. In case it shows (App Store) after the version number, the App Store version with the limitations mentioned above is installed.
If you have the App Store version installed but you would like to use DMA and the iOSXpert plugins, you can switch to the regular Daylite app at any time. Please follow these steps to do so:
- Quit Daylite
- Download and install the regular Daylite version. When you move the newly downloaded Daylite app into the Applications folder, confirm to replace the existing Daylite app. This removes the App Store version of the Daylite app
- The regular Daylite app and the iOSXpert PluginCenter are now ready to be used
- If you want to install the regular DMA plugin under macOS 12 Monterey or macOS 13 Ventura, please follow the steps outlined in this HelpCenter article: Why can't I see the Daylite Mail Assistant after installing Daylite 2023.35.1 or newer?