By sharing the daylite calendar, they can make it available for other apps and thus use the functions of the other apps.
Daylite makes it easy to link your calendar to the calendar app on the Mac, iPhone and iPad.
Learn more here:
- The advantages of sharing your Daylite calendar
- How to share your daylite calendar with calendar applications on Mac, iPhone and iPad
- How to set up Daylite as your default calendar for Mac, iPhone and iPad
Why should I share my daylite calendar?
Sharing your daylite calendar allows you to see your appointments in other apps, so you can edit your calendar and also add files even if you work outside of daylite.
Here are some examples what is possible when you share your daylite calendar:
- Add, edit and delete meetings, outside of Daylite
- Use Siri to make new appointments
- Create memories with Siri and the reminder app
How do I release my Daylite calendar for iPhone and iPad?
If you share your daylite calendar on your iPhone and iPad, you can for example make appointments with Siri and create tasks with the reminder app.
- Click on Daylite on your iPhone or iPad
- Navigate on the daylite start screen to Preferences -> Calendar
- Tap on Install calendar profile
- Tap on Install in the upper right corner and confirm
- Tap on Close
The next time you open the calendar on your iPhone or iPad, you will see your daylite calendars in a separate daylite group.
How do I share my daylite calendar on the Mac?
Read our HelpCenter article here or follow these steps to add your daylite calendar to the Apple Calendar App
- Open daylite on your Mac
- Select Daylite -> Preferences -> Calendar Sharing
- Select In other applications
- Select Separate calendars for each category
- Click Install Calendar Profile
- Click on Install
The next time you open the calendar on your Mac, you will see your daylite meetings and appointments in a separate calendar group.
How do I make Daylite my default calendar?
When you share your daylite calendar, it will not merge your calendar with other databases. Instead, each is kept as a separate calendar group. If you make daylite your default calendar on Mac, iPhone and iPad, your devices will automatically use the daylite list when you add or access meetings.
On iPhone and iPad
- Tap Settings for your iPhone or iPad
- Tap Calendar
- Tap Default Calendar
- Select your Daylite account
On the Mac
- Open the calendar and select Calendar -> Settings
- Click General and then select your daylite account from the pop-up menu labeled Default Calendar
Daylite is now shared with the calendar app on Mac, iPhone and iPad. Do you want to share your daylite contacts with other apps too? Learn more in our article:
How can I share my daylite contacts?