Another important feature in Mailchimp is the use of segments, which allow you to segment a list. For example, you can divide a target group for newsletters into several languages.
Marketing&Chat offers you the possibility to create a static segment for Mailchimp directly from Daylite, but we recommend to create Auto-Update segments in Mailchimp. The advantage of an auto-update segment is that Mailchimp sorts the segments for you by creating a filter for the segment.
The prerequisite for this is the transfer of a parameter from Daylite to Mailchimp, on the basis of which the assignment into the different segments can be carried out. Such a parameter can be any unique Daylite field, such as a keyword or category.
To create a new segment in Mailchimp please proceed as follows:
- Go to Mailchimp and log into your account
- Navigate to Audience and select the Audience to which you want to add a segment
- Choose Create A Segment (select Manage audience ->Segments from the menu)
- Define the filter conditions for the segment
- Then click on Preview Segment
- An overview of how the segment would currently look is displayed. To save the segment, choose Save segment
If you need help creating segments, please do not hesitate to contact us.