The software iLink direct allows you to connect different Yealink and SNOM IP telephones with your Mac. A list of all compatible IP phones is available on iLink's website. Please install iLink direct on your Mac and make sure the software works in conjunction with your phone before connecting the software with Fone&Text!
Please follow the steps below in order to connect iLink direct with Fone&Text:
Configuration of the iLink direct app
- Quit the iLink direct app
- Download and unzip the file iLinkDirect_to_FoneConnector.scpt.zip
- Open a Finder window and select Go from the menu bar
- Hold down the ⌥ [alt] key and click Library
- Navigate to the folder Application Support -> ilink -> direct -> Scripts (If the folder Scripts doesn't exist, please create it manually)
- Move the script iLinkDirect_to_FoneConnector.scpt (see step #2) into the Scripts folder
- Start the iLink direkt app and select the Call Handling tab in the preferences
- Check the box next to AppleScript to be... (see screen shot below) and select iLinkDirect_to_FoneConnector.scpt from the drop-down menu. This concludes the configuration of the iLink direct app
Configuration of the Fone&Text plugin in Daylite
- In the Daylite Plugins menu navigate to Fone&Text -> Preferences -> Telephones
- Click the plus-sign, select Script Based from the drop-down menu and click OK
- Select the direct app under App for Outbound Calls. This enables outbound calls from within Daylite via the IP phone connected with the direct app.
- Fone&Text is now ready to be used. Instructions on how to initiate a call from within Daylite can be found here