With the Daylite extension Time&Budget you keep an eye on the costs for your project. Calculate the time spent on projects for your customers and record the expenses incurred.
Use Time&Budget to create expenses for Daylite resources. You decide whether the expense should be entered automatically or manually when the resource is linked to a Daylite appointment.
This feature is useful when renting premises for events, technical equipment such as overhead projectors, or other resources to customers or business partners.
In the following article, we will explain how you can make the settings and use the function:
Please follow these steps to set up the automatic creation of expenses for resources:
- Open the Daylite Preferences.
- Navigate to iOSXpert PluginCenter -> Time&Budget -> Expenses.
- Define the units for expenses and the additional charge.
- New units can be added using the Plus icon
- Define rules.
- Select a resource (each resource can only be used once). Open Resources opens the resource settings of your Daylite database.
- Now make entries for the resource, such as Quantity or Unit price.
- Optionally assign individual Keywords for this rule. These are useful if you want to filter for an expense of a resource. (The keyword Automatic Expense is added automatically)
- Optionally, link Groups from Daylite for making it easier to categorize and filter the resource.
- Check the box for create check task for user and select the desired Daylite user from the drop-down menu. This user will then automatically receive a task in Daylite to check the created expenses for the resource.
- If you want your computer and Daylite user to automatically create expenses for resources, please click the Take Over Sync button.
(Important: Please make sure that Daylite is always active on this computer)
- Set the appointment since which automatic expenses are to be created.
- Start automatically creating the expense for the resource from the selected appointment by clicking the Start now button.
- After the first successful run, activate automatic creation using the slider that currently displays Automatic start is not activated.
- Use the drop-down menu next to Automatic start to define an interval for the automatic creation of expenses for the resource (example: every 5 minutes).
Link the desired resource to an appointment in Daylite to automatically create an expense for it via Time&Budget. The expense is saved as a note in Daylite on the appointment. The note lists the information about the resource, such as the number or unit price that you previously defined in the Time&Budget settings for the resource.
If you prefer to manually create the expense for a resource, you can create it by right-clicking on an appointment using the Create expense for appointment... command.
The manually created output is saved as a note in Daylite on the appointment.