Daylite offers you beside the standard fields for records also the additional fields which you can customize for the different Daylite records (persons, companies, opportunities, projects, groups, products/services).
There are 12 additional text fields and 4 additional date fields which you can customize.
We recommend you to use our DetailEdit Form Section instead of custom fields. This feature allows you to display form fields directly on the Daylite object. With forms you have the possibility to create as many additional fields as you want and use many different field types, for example DropDown or currency fields.
Customize custom fields
- Select Daylite -> Preferences
- Click on Custom Fields
- Select the Daylite object for that you'd like to set up custom fields
- To customize an additional field, go to Extra Field or Extra Date Field and assign a name for the custom field you want to add. For example, if you want to add a custom field called Account Number, simply enter Account Number in one of the fields.
Adding custom fields
Let's take the example of a project.
- Create a new project in Daylite
- From the Add Field menu, select the additional field you want to add to the project and enter the desired information
You can use the same method to add custom fields for people, companies, opportunities, groups and products/services.
Tip: Do you want a custom field to be displayed by default? Go to Daylite -> Prefenences -> Edit Cards and add the additional field as main field.