Turn Daylite into a comprehensive project and controlling tool with our plugin Time&Budget. Use Time&Budget for working with financial budgets for projects in Daylite.
Time&Budget assists you in keeping track of your time and financial project budgets and warns you when critical thresholds are reached. Evaluate your recorded times and monitor the costs of activities in your company. With a compatible billing system, you can easily generate invoices for your projects based on the recorded times.
Adding a financial budget to your Daylite project
Please make sure that you've made the basic configuration of Time&Budget.
To add a financial budget into a Daylite project, please follow these steps:
- Open a project in Daylite for which you would like to work with a budget
- Navigate to the Time&Budget tab and click on the gearwheel icon
- Choose a budget mode for the project
- Enter a budget of your choice
- If a certain financial amount shall remain when the project is finished, you can use the field Margin
- The field Charge factor specifies whether a surcharge shall be calculated on top of your budget
- You can also define threshold values so that you will be informed when a certain percentage of the project budget has been consumed
If you have defined threshold values, Time&Budget shows you a graphic for this.
The following articles explain hot to define individual or default threshold values in Time&Budget:
How do I define default thresholds with Time&Budget?
How do I define individual thresholds with Time&Budget?
Should I use tasks or appointments for time recording with Time&Budget?
How do I create expenses for resources with Time&Budget?
🎬 Time&Budget basic configuration