Please note: Apple Messages is not suitable for sending messages to large numbers of recipients at the same time. In such cases it is recommended to use the specialised text messages service Twilio.
Setting up templates for messages and SMS
With Fone&Text it's simple to create your own templates for a message. Please navigate within the Daylite menu bar to Plugins → Fone&Text → Preferences. In there, select Messaging on the left side and choose the Templates tab.
Use the plus-icon to create a new template. Insert merge keys with the corresponding button for adding e.g. an Individual Salutation.
You can also edit existing SMS-templates at any time and remove them using the minus icon. Define the order of the templates as you like by arranging them using drag & drop.
How to send messages with Apple Messages out of Daylite
Hint: If you want to send just one message to one person, simply click the little speech bubble icon displayed after a contact's phone number. You're then taken to the editor and can either create a new message or pick one of your messaging templates.
How to setup Twilio
With the help of the Daylite extension Fone&Text you can also send text messages from Daylite via the Twilio service.
Please follow these steps to use Twilio in conjunction with Fone&Text
- Open the Twilio website
- Create an account for Twilio and log into it
- Navigate within the Daylite menu bar to Preferences → Preferences → iOSXpert PluginCenter → Fone&Text
- Select the Messaging tab
- Add and Select Twilio as your service by using the Plus-icon
- Enter the required information which can be found in your Twilio dashboard:
- Twilio-SID = Account SID
- Twilio Auth Token = Auth Token
- Twilio-Phone number = your Twilio phone number