Text messages from within Daylite can either be sent using Apple Messages and your iPhone or the text messages service Twillio. When using your iPhone, please make sure that Apple's continuity feature has been set up correctly. This Tutorial explains how this is done.
Please note: Apple Messages is not suitable for sending messages to large numbers of recipients at the same time. In such cases it is recommended to use the specialised text messages service Twilio.
Watch this video to learn how to send SMS messages with Apple Messages
With the help of the Daylite extension Fone&Text you can also send text messages from Daylite via the Twilio service.
Please follow these steps to use Twilio in conjunction with Fone&Text
- Log in to your account on the Twilio website
- Start Daylite, click the menu bar item Plugins and navigate to Fone&Text -> Preferences
- Select the Messaging tab
- Select Twilio as your service
- Enter the required information which can be found in your Twilio dashboard:
- SID = Account SID
- Secret = Auth Token
- Phone number = your Twilio phone number