Please note: Apple Messages is not suitable for sending messages to large numbers of recipients at the same time. In such cases it is recommended to use the specialised text messages service Twillio which is also supported by Fone&Text.
Setting up templates for SMS
With Fone&Text it's simple to create your own templates for a message. Please navigate within the Daylite menu bar to Plugins → Fone&Text → Preferences. In there, select Messaging on the left side and choose the Templates tab.
Use the plus-icon to create a new template. Insert merge keys with the corresponding button for adding e.g. an individual salutation.
You can also edit existing SMS-templates at any time and remove them using the minus icon. Define the order of the templates as you like by arranging them using drag & drop.
Using the Messages-icon to send a text message from Daylite
If you want to send just one message to one person, simply click the little speech bubble icon displayed after a contact's phone number. You're then taken to the editor and can either create a new message or pick one of your messaging templates.
Labelling phone numbers for sending SMS
In order to send SMS messages to Daylite contacts, the phone numbers need to be labelled accordingly. We covered the required steps in this article:
How to send text messages from within Daylite
To use Apple Messages with Fone&Text, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Daylite -> Preferences -> iOSXpert PluginCenter
- Select Fone&Text and then select Settings -> Messages
- Click the plus icon to add Apple Messages
- Activate Apple Handoff to use Apple Messages
How to setup Twilio
With the help of the Daylite Plugin Fone&Text you can also send text messages from Daylite via the Twilio service.
Please follow these steps to use Twilio in conjunction with Fone&Text
- Open the Twilio website
- Create an account for Twilio and log into it
- Navigate within the Daylite menu bar to Preferences → Preferences → iOSXpert PluginCenter → Fone&Text
- Select the Messaging tab
- Add and Select Twilio as your service by using the Plus-icon
- Enter the required information which can be found in your Twilio dashboard:
- Twilio-SID = Account SID
- Twilio Auth Token = Auth Token (will be shown in Twilio under "Project Info")
- Twilio-Phone number = your Twilio phone number
- Twilio-Name = the sender name, that shall be shown when sending a SMS
Please note: When setting up the sender name, also make sure that your contacts have international country codes on their phone numbers in Daylite. If these are missing SMS cannot be sent.