Having all information in one place, such as Daylite, makes a team work more efficiently. However it's not always useful to provide access to information to everybody.
Create teams in Daylite and give the right teams access to the information they need.
You can learn:
- How you activate permissions
- How you can change who can view certain information
- How you can change who can edit certain information
What are permissions?
Every company deals with sensitive information. Use permission to define who has readable or editable access on individual data records in Daylite.
There are two types of permissions:
Read only: Only those with read permissions can see data records that they don't own. Restricting read permissions is useful if data records are supposed to only be seen by managers like employee reviews and meeting notes of the management team.
Edit: Only selected users are allowed to edit certain files. Deactivating edit permissions makes sense if you have a project that should only be edited by the project manager or if you want to file important decisions that are not supposed to be changed.
- Navigate via the menu bar to Daylite -> Preferences
- Select Permissions
- Click On
- Daylite will prompt you to restart
- Confirm with OK
- Quit and restart Daylite
Changing who can view or edit data records
Adjusting permissions is easy and takes just a few clicks. You can change permissions anytime and the changes will update after the next sync of Daylite.
- Choose a Daylite data record and click Edit
- Click permissions
- Update the settings when needed
- Click Done
When adjusting permissions you see the read and edit permissions for every person of your team as well as two presets: Public and Private. These are presets that allow you to quickly adjust or deny read or edit permissions for all.
Public: Anybody can see or edit this object
Private: Only the user who owns the data record can edit or view it
Setting Permissions with Default values
With default values you can define permissions for each user and each type of data record:
- Navigate from the Daylite menu bar to Preferences
- Select Default values
- Select the user on the left side of the window
- Click the data type you'd like to adjust
- Adjust the permissions section and tick the checkbox
|Instead of setting permissions for a person at a time you can also adjust permissions for teams when you organise your staff into teams.|