Outlook iOMailAssistant for Daylite allows you to integrate the functionality known from the regular Daylite Mail Assistant for Apple Mail into Microsoft Outlook as part of our beta test.
In general our Outlook iOMailAssistant runs in all current Outlook versions on all supported platforms. However, depending on the Outlook version used, the plan chosen for Outlook and a possibly used self-hosted Exchange Server, an installation might not be possible. Since the Microsoft Outlook world is very complex and individually configurable, we cannot promise that the extension can be installed in your environment. Getting better information on different environments is also a goal of our public beta test.
Please understand that we can therefore only provide you with limited support in configuring your Outlook system.
- The Outlook iOMailAssistant is a feature of Plus Package for Daylite (formerly known as Daylite+), which can be trialed for 30 days free of charge. If the iOSXpert PluginCenter is already installed, please install the Daylite+ plugin, to start your trial (How do I install iOSXpert Plugins in Daylite?).
- To link your Daylite account with Outlook iOMailAssistant, you need a free iOAccount. How to create this account is described in this article: How can I create a free iOAccount?
- The URL required to set up the Mail Assistant is provided in our iOSXpert Beta Slack channel. Please follow the link to join the channel.
- Adding file attachments is not possible yet
- Appointment invitations are not supported yet
To install Outlook iOMailAssistant (shown here on macOS), please proceed as follows:
- Click on the button with three dots and select Get Add-Ins
- Select My add-ins -> Add a custom add-in -> Add from URL
- Copy the URL provided in our iOSXpert Beta Slack channel, paste it into the dialog, confirm with OK and then click Install. After the installation, you will see the Daylite Mail Assistant under Custom Addins.
After installing the Mail Assistant, you need to connect it to your Daylite account. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the button with the three dots again and this time select Daylite Mail Assistant
- Log in with your iOAccount credentials - this will open a browser window. Enter your Daylite account credentials there and click Authorize. The connection between Outlook and your Daylite account is now established.
Use the cog wheel icon to adjust the Mail Assistant settings. Click on the pin icon to permanently pin the Mail Assistant.