With the Daylite plugin Time&Budget you can easily organize and visualize your tasks within projects in Daylite via the Kanban boards by using drag & drop. You and your team can keep an overview and react in time to bottlenecks with ease.
The Kanban boards are available to Daylite Cloud users under macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and newer.
If you would like to test the new feature of Time&Budget, please send us an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line Kanban Beta. You will then receive further information by e-mail.
Use the left sidebar in Daylite to navigate to All Projects and select one.
Click the Task Management tab within the Daylite project and select [New] Kanban.
Use the button Create a Board to create a Kanban board for the selected project in Daylite.
Select a template via the drop-down menu and click Create to confirm.
You can customize the created Kanban board to your needs and thus create and use an individual Kanban board for each project.
- The Kanban Board is created based on the tasks associated with the Daylite project.
- The status of the respective task is displayed in grey (Open, In Progress etc.)
- You can freely define the column name above the corresponding task status by double-clicking the column name. (see example below: Status: In Progress, Column name: Review)
- If you need additional columns, you can add them using the plus symbol, or remove unneeded columns using the minus symbol. To do this, move the cursor to the corresponding column header.
- Swim lanes are shown above the columns as a drop-down menu. Select User to divide the tasks of the project in your Kanban board horizontally by Daylite users. Each of the users listed there has been assigned a project-related task. Swim lanes help you to recognize in time if a task threatens to become overdue. Delegate it to another user via drag & drop to avoid a project delay. Swim lanes allow you to change the status of a task by dragging and dropping it from one column to another and delegating tasks horizontally to a Daylite user.
- Use the Add Ticket button to create a new project-related task for a user.