The Daylite extension Time&Budget enables you to monitor the costs of your projects. Calculate the time spent on projects for your customers and record the expenses incurred.
Use Time&Budget to create expenses for Daylite resources. You decide whether the expense shall be created manually or automatically when the resource is linked to a Daylite appointment.
This feature is useful when renting premises for events, technical equipment such as video projectors, or other resources to customers or business partners.
In the following article, we will explain the configuration and use of this function.
Please follow these steps to set up the automatic creation of expenses for resources:
- Open the Daylite Preferences.
- Navigate to iOSXpert PluginCenter -> Time&Budget -> Preferences -> Expenses.
- Define the units for expenses and the charge.
- New units can be added using the Plus button
- Select a resource (each resource can only be used once). Open Resources opens the resource settings of your Daylite database.
- Enter details for the resource, such as Quantity or Unit price.
- Optionally assign individual Keywords for this rule. These are useful if you want to filter for an expense of a resource. (The keyword Automatic Expense is added automatically)
- Optionally, link Daylite Groups to categorize the resource for simplified filtering.
- Check the box next to create check task for user and select the desired Daylite user from the drop-down menu. This user will then automatically receive a task in Daylite to check the created expenses.
- If you want your computer to automatically create expenses for resources, please click the Take Over Sync button.
(Please note: Your Mac and Daylite need to be up an running at all times)
- Set the date from which automatic expenses are to be created.
- Start the process of creating the expenses for the resources from the selected date by clicking the Start now button.
- After the first successful run, activate automatic creation using the slide switch next to Automatic start is not activated.
- Use the Automatic start drop-down menu to set an interval for the automatic creation of expenses for the resource.
How to use the the automatic creation for expenses
Link the desired resource with an appointment in Daylite to automatically create an expense for it via Time&Budget. The expense is saved as a note in Daylite and linked with the appointment. The note lists the information about the resource, such as the quantity or unit price that you previously defined in the Time&Budget settings for the resource.
Creating expenses for resources manually
If you prefer to manually create the expense for a resource, you can create it by right-clicking an appointment and selecting Create expense for appointment... from the contextual menu.
The manually created output is saved as a note in Daylite and linked with the appointment.