A Daylite server cannot be recovered by the Apple Migration Wizard or Time Machine Backup. Therefore, a current Daylite database backup is always required to restore the Daylite Server. All involved Daylite Legacy clients have to discard their offline databases after restoring the server and download them again from the server. To restore the Daylite Server after using the Migration Wizard or importing a Time Machine Backup, follow these steps:
Please note: If the Daylite backup used is not up to date, data may be lost. Contact us before restoring if you are unsure. We will be pleased to support you in the implementation.
- After restoring the computer, open a Finder window.
- In the Finder menu, click Go to and select Go to Folder.
- Insert this path in the following dialog and click Open: /Library/Application Support/Daylite Server 4.
- Rename the file Storage.dlsdb to oldStorage.dlsdb.
- Start the Daylite Server Admin program and select Restore Backup.
- In the following dialog select the current Daylite Backup and click Restore.
- After recovering your Daylite licenses, add them to the Licenses tab and customize the configuration in the Network, Backup and Administrator tabs.
The Daylite server is now ready for use again.
To connect Daylite on Mac and iOS devices to the recovered Daylite server, please follow these steps. Please note that data that has not been synchronized with the server and is therefore not included in the previously imported Daylite database backup will be deleted during the next steps.
Daylite on the Mac:
- Start Daylite Legacy
- Log out of your database from the Daylite File menu using the Logout button.
- On the login screen below Login to Daylite Server, click the drop-down menu and select Manage Secured Login.
- Select the saved connection, remove it by clicking on the minus symbol and click Done
- On the login screen below Login to Daylite Server, click the drop-down menu again, select your Daylite Server and log in. If you are not on the Daylite server's local network, click Add Self-Serve Login and manually enter the server's public address to connect to the server.
- After the offline database has been downloaded from the server, Daylite is back up and running again.
Daylite on iPhone and iPad:
- Start the Daylite Legacy App.
- On your iPhone, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Account and log out. In the Daylite Legacy app on the iPad, click on the gearwheel icon to access the settings.
- Select your Daylite Server in the lower part of the login window Self-Serve and in the following dialog box. Log in to the server with your Daylite username and password. If you are not on the Daylite server's local network, select Remote Server and enter the public address of the Daylite server to log in.
How do I backup my Daylite database when I use Daylite Cloud?
Where is my data located when I use the Cloud?
Why did Daylite stop syncing and is displaying a "primary key mismatch" error message?