Time&Budget enables you to create reports based on your Daylite tasks. Each task's subtasks then represent time that has been recorded during the fulfilment of a task. The sum of all subtask's durations of a completed task will then be rendered as one position in the report.
Time&Budget's Subtask Timer let's you track time on the tasks you are currently working on by the means of a simple stop watch.
How to enable task based time tracking:
- Open the Time&Budget preferences
- Select the Reporting section
- Make sure that the checkbox Tasks under Items to Include in Reporting is active
- If necessary choose appropriate settings per task category under Category Reporting Options to control the behaviour of the Time&Budget reports
How to use the Subtask Timer:
- Open the Subtask Timer dialog by clicking on the stop watch symbol in the Daylite toolbar
- Under Worklist select the task from your Daylite work list you want to record time for
- Click the start button to start the stop watch
- You can pause the stop watch anytime or start recording time for a different task
- Once you have completed a task click the checkbox button. The watch will then stop and the corresponding task will be marked as done
All recorded subtasks are listed in a separate table and can be edited if necessary.