This article covers creating and using letter templates in Daylite.
Every letter template contains text and some placeholders (merge keys). These merge keys can load data from Daylite and can be used to personalise a letter.
Creating mail templates
- Navigate to the Daylite Preferences in the menu bar on top of your screen
- Go to Letter Templates
- Click the + icon in the left corner
- Add a name and a description for the template
- Make sure to have the Active checkbox checked
- Choose the template and open it by double-clicking it
- Create your template with text and merge keys from the right hand side
- Save the template when you're done
Note: The letter template editor is linked with TextEdit on your Mac. From version 4.3 onwards tables of content and links are supported. If you would like to add a hyperlink to your template, please follow these steps:
Adding a hyperlink
- Highlight the word or words that shall contain a hyperlink
- Select Edit from the menu bar and navigate to Format -> Text link
- Enter the desired link in the Link destination box and click OK
Cool Tipp: If you want to create a template based on another existing template, open the existing one and copy all information from it, then open a new template and paste and edit the information there.
Can I create Daylite letter templates in Pages or Word?
How do I create and use forms in Daylite?