The following tutorial explains how you as a Daylite Cloud customer can use the web services Zapier and Wufoo to design a form on your website so that it automatically generates contacts and sales opportunities in Daylite based on form data. Please note that this is only possible with the Daylite Cloud version, which features a REST interface.
Create new Daylite contacts and opportunities based on entries in online forms using Daylite Zapier Integration.
What you need:
- A Daylite Cloud Account
- A Zapier account. Click here to create an account
- An online form to be filled in by website visitors
Creating a Zap
1. Navigate to Daylite on your Mac in Daylite -> Preferences -> Keywords
2. Add a new keyword that you want to use for inbound forms. In this example we use Web Lead.
3. Navigate to the Zapier web page and type Daylite in the search box.
4. To create Daylite opportunities and people, select the Zap of the online form service (e. g. Wufoo, Google Forms, Type Form) you are using. In this example we use the service Wufoo.
5. Follow the Zap instructions to sign in to your online form service.
6. Now select your Daylite Cloud account to use with this Zap. If your Daylite-Cloud account is not yet registered with Zapier, please add it via Connect a new Daylite Account.
In the next step, configure how the form fields are to be mapped in Daylite.
7. Your Zap is now online! It will collect each new form entry and automatically creates new sales opportunities in Daylite.
8. To view these forms, open Daylite and select All Opportunities. Then click on the plus sign in the lower left corner of the app and select New Opportunity Smart List. Then select the keyword filter criterion Web Lead within the filter. The smart list now contains all sales opportunities created by Zapier.