The use of one of the compatible Gigaset desktop telephones DE310, DE410, DL500A, DX600A, DE700, DX800A or DE900 is always advisable when the connection between Fone&Text and a PBX or other phone system would otherwise not be possible. Since the communication between Fone&Text and the Gigaset telephone is always network based, the phone needs to be connected with your router or switch even when the phone is already connected to your landline or PBX.
In order to connect Fone&Text with your Gigaset telephone you will need the phone's IP address beside its PIN or password (by default that's 0000 and admin respectively).
Please follow these steps to connect your Gigaset telephone with Fone&Text:
- Make sure the Gigaset telephone is installed and works in conjunction with your provider/phone line
- In the Daylite Plugins menu navigate to Fone&Text -> Preferences -> Telephones
- Click the plus-sign, select Gigaset from the drop-down menu and click OK
- In the next dialog enter your Gigaset's IP address, its PIN/password and click OK. Fone&Text should now display Gigaset Connected
- Fone&Text is now ready to be used. Instructions on how to initiate a call from within Daylite can be found here