In order to use Skype in conjunction with Fone&Text you need a Skype number. Fone&Text can initiate outbound calls to regular telephone numbers or Skype numbers. A direct call to a Skype account is not possible.
Please note that the Skype interface used by Fone&Text is only available up to Skype version 7. Newer versions of Skype are not supported in Fone&Text.
To connect Skype with Fone&Text, please follow these steps:
- Make sure Skype is installed on you Mac and works independently from Daylite
- Start the Skype app
- In the Daylite Plugins menu navigate to Fone&Text -> Preferences -> Telephones
- Click the plus-sign, select Skype from the drop-down menu and click OK
- In the following dialog allow FoneConnector 2.0 to use Skype
- Fone&Text is now ready to be used. Instructions on how to initiate a call from within Daylite can be found here