In most cases Mailchimp doesn’t accept a contact due to one of the following reasons:
- an email address bounced (i.e. receiving mail server rejected the mail) during a previous mailing and has therefore been removed from the subscribers list on mailchimp.com. In order to re-add such a contact, you will need to delete this contact from the cleaned group on mailchimp.com first (select Mailchimp Audience -> All contacts -> Manage contacts drop-down menu -> Groups -> Cleaned).
- a contact has no email address
- a contact’s email address is not set as the primary address in Daylite
- a contact’s email address contains leading or trailing whitespace
- generic “role” addresses such as “info@, sales@, webmaster@, etc” are not accepted by Mailchimp.